Friday, September 2, 2011

The Questions of Life - Don't Ever Stop Asking

Image: Greg Clarke


I Wish, I Wish


I wish I knew, I wish I knew

what makes me, me, and what makes you, you.

It's just another point of view,

A state of mind I'm going through,

So what I see is never true.


I wish I could tell, I wish I could tell

what makes a heaven what makes a hell.

And do I get to ring my bell,
Or land up in some dusty cell.

While others reach the big hotel.


I wish I had, I wish I had
the secret of good, and the secret of bad.
Why does this question drive me mad?
'Cause I was taught when but a lad,
That bad was good and good was bad.

I wish I knew the mystery of
that thing called hate, and that thing called love.
What makes the in-between so rough?
Why is it always push and shove?

I guess I just don't know enough.


- Cat Stevens




No comments: